BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Appraisal

New Year has just begun. I reckon its still not too late to wish everybody Happy New Year. I hope you have good life in year 2006. As challenges awaits in 2007 lets face with determination and courage with responsibility. I can see bright future ahead. Especially to the Reban Ayam Blogger. I pray Angah will settle with Wan and new loving couple, ZULANGZ will tie the knot this year. With that remark I'd like to remind Joe to prepare the ticket to NYC for ZULANGZ to honeymoon. Wakakakakakakaka ............... Deal of The Year and Joe just got to commit that wakakakakakaka.

The last 2 weeks of december last year was a hectic days of my life. I got to prepare appraisal form and appraised my staff. This is the first time 1 appraised 3 engineers and 6 technicians. Last year I only appraised 2 technicians that reporting directly to me. Being experienced appraising technician I didn't have any problem appraising my new subbordinates. However what makes thing interesting is that its much easier to appraise Engineer than technician. Engineers simply understand what corporate wants and with the guideline sets in the Appraisal Form and with KPI set to them earlier on its much easy to have discussion with engineers. They recognize the weekneases and ready to take new challenges. They made argument with fact and logic with all the information ready before coming to the appraisal discussion. This effort make discussion easier.

Its different with the technicians. Not all but majority of them is very defensive. They make mistakes and put the blame to someone else. To them they made the job perfectly good and in accord. God ......... everybody knows that we mere human beings and cannot escape from making mistake. They blame the production of not submitting the report, they blame the process engineers who had not responded to their concern and worst still they claim other shift personel of deliberately making his shift tough. But since I experienced that argument with my 2 technicians last, I have mentally prepared and I manage to take them to their reality.

Yesterday we had a meeting with our Mem Besar. She wants to check the employees distribution grade. In my place we adopt Bell Curve Distribution that have been made popular by Jack Welch. I was very fortunate that my distribution grade meeting requirement in the Bell Curve distribution and I do not have to make revision or revisiting appraisal process again with the engineers and technician. Some body else need to do revision and must complete by today, or else we will get increment late.

In my group, my Safety Engineer will fit in the top best worker and one of my technician will fit in the worst best worker. I Fit in the midle of the curve. Org biasa biasa ajer maaaaaaaaa kekekekekekeke. Dapat increment nanti pun dah alhamdulillah dah heheheheh.

Guys I'll continue another story in another entry. HAri ini mungkin publish 2 post nih. Bayar hutang balik. Nak pegi mtg dulu.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takut ler nak kena dinilai apa yg kita buat sepanjang tahun lepas...assessment meks ni tak penahnye tinggi...

anyway LB...aminkan banyak2 pasal ZULANGZ tu...larriiiii....

pawaka1 said...

dapat increment jangan lupa belanja

Nor Razi said...

Zura

Ko pegi NYC jgn lupa Tshirt Hard Rock Cafe + Planet Hollywood + baju ada gambar NYC hahahahahah

Kok

Bisa diatur. Nanti aku call ko

JoeBangla said...

LB, ko nak bet dak dengan aku, aku bet diaorang tak berani kawin tahun ini wakakakakak

Nor Razi said...

Joe

ko tak tahu Zura siap dah kuar shopping dgn Mak Alangz bagai. Wakakakakaka

macam aku cakap ko siapkan kan ajerla duit honeymoon diaorang hahahahahaha