BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My dengue fever story

7th Nov
My body was so weak and my body temperature started to rise. I took paracetamol and I felt a lot better. My mum started to nag me for not making blood testing to see what's wrong with my body. She even massaged my back when I told her my temperature rised and I felt back pain. Kasih ibu gitu. I even could entertain Arc's best friend for last days of Hari Raya and not to mentioned that I could entertain Angah's request to come over to Restoran Yus Sg Ramal. Afterall I got to buy satay for the guest anyway so I agreed to meet Angah, Wan, Delinn and Yum at the restaurant. Sempat jugak ko bergambar dalam demam demam tuh.

8th Nov
I continued with my thesis writing and at the same time entertain Alangz for some business. My body felt week and only feeling better after I took paracetamol. At the mean time the progress of my thesis was zero walaupun tinggal discussion and recommendation ajer. Cannot think when your body soooooo weak.

9th Nov
I sought doctor at my office and she gave me some medicine. But no improvement on my health condition. I still felt the same and infact I became even weaker. I called my supervisor asking for permission to send the thesis on Saturday and she replied as long as my thesis inside her pigeon hole by Monday, it will be allright and I am relieved as I still cannot deduce my finding on my lab experiment. My mind still weak.

10th Nov
I managed to make some discussion and deduce my finding. It took me ages to complete this finding padahal tak sampai satu muka surat pun.

11th Nov
I forced myself to complete the thesis and I managed to complete them by noon. I told Arc that I want to print my thesis at the office and I drove to the office and started to print the thesis. But the process didn't go smooth as the printer had not enough post script memory, so I got to print little by little. And I need to xerox my lab results as the paper is not the same size of A4 size paper. I have 38 results and I need to copy them all. What made me even frustrated was that the copier machine always stop for misfeed paper sedangkan paper ok ajer. So I got to stand up by the copier machine and press reset everytime the alarm sounded. And by that time my body shivering and my knee felt so weak. Aku gagahkan juga nak siapkan thesis aku. By 7.30pm aku siapkan semua and I drove to Serdang for combed binding. After I have made the binding I dropped my thesis into my supervicor's pigeon hole. By 8.30 I reached home and straight to the bed.

Kebetulan sekejap tuh my mum and all my sibling came to our house. My mum wanted to visit my MIL as she has not met my MIL for quite sometimes. So sambil sambil tengok MIL my mum looked me at my room. She asked me to go to the hospital and while waiting my body ok, she massaged me. Again .................. Sayu aku tengok kasih mak aku kat aku.

So I went to Az Zahrah after I took paracetamol and immediately Arc asked me to get into the consultancy room. The doctor asked his assistant to check my blood and after 5 minutes the doctor confirmed that I got dengue fever. The Platelet was 27 that night. So I warded.

18th night Nov~ 23rd Nov
I was warded for dengue fever. The platelet dropped to zero on monday and the doctor was worried with my condition. I felt weak but after I took medicine, my body felt ok. I could sit and talk eventhough not for very long. More often than not I just slept after I took the medicine.

The doctor has requested platelet blood from blood bank to support by platelet as my bone marrow still cannot re-produce the platelet. So on the second day they support me with 6 bags of platelet. Everytime they support me with the platelet bag, the platelet count rised to 12 or 14 and after a few hours, the platelet count drop back to 4 or the most 6.

On the 3rd days, the doctor only managed to get 4 bags of platelet as the inventory at blood bank has became low to nul. The doctor worried if my condition maintained at below 10 platelet count. He worried that I have internal bleeding and the blood will leak out of the vein or any other important organs. He asked me not to brushed teeth as he affraid that my gum will bleeds and will not stop. He also started to give me piriton in order to prevent me from cold fever which can lead to sneazing which according to him could cause the nose to bleed if I sneeze hard. This piriton also prevented me from itchy and always make me nausea. This is the reason I always slept.

On the 4th days, the doctor only managed to get 3 bags of platelet. He was hoping my platelet count rise to more than 10. In the morning blood test, my platelet count was 13. He hoped that it will maintain to that level for the rest of the day as he has been informed that the blood bank has run out of stock for the platelet blood. The nurse came to my room for every 2 hrs to check for my condition and to check whether or not I have bleeding. In the afternoon the platelet count rise to 17. The nurses was relieved but the doctors did not impressed much as the rise was not significant. He asked the nurses to make surviellance on me every 2 hrs. Just to make sure I didn't have any bleeding. At night the nurse checked my blood and it has risen to 28. Only at this moment the doctor felt relieved. He felt relieved because not many people under his care have a platelet count to zero. He nursed 3 people thus far including me in this hospital eversince 2002 and for beeing able to take care of people with platelet zero probably was a milestone to him. Another reason why he felt relieved simply because he knew that blood bank has zero inventory for my kind of blood. nampak sangat ramai yg kena denggi nih hehehehehehehe. So he just ordered the nurse to make normal visit to me. I felt relieved too because they will not bug me while I was sleeping. Tenteram sket tidur aku.

On the 5th days, in the morning, the nurse checked my blood and it has risen to 37. The doctors confident that my platelet count will rise to more than 50 in the noon. So in the noon, the nurse checked again my platelet and it has risen to 63. The doctor mentioned to me that I could go out if I wish too so I called Arc and tell her that I want to be discharged, bosan weh tinggal lama lama kat hospital.

So I dischraged from the hospital at the afternoon. The doctors gave me MC until Monday and asked me to make follow up check up on Monday. The doctor has warned me of the after effect of dengue fever. He mentioned that I still will have gastrict and occassionally I will have headache. I could deal with mild headache but I just cant stand with dizzy. Macam rasa jetlag gitu, mabuk laut atau mabuk naik kete jalan bengkang bengkok. Made me feel wanna sleep ajer.

On Saturday, the 6th days, I got real bad headache. I just cant stand and Arc wanted to take me back to Az Zahrah. Initially I refused, but even after I took Panadol Active Fast, my headache still not ease in fact even worst. So I agreed to go to hospital. They asked me to go straight to the emergency bay. The doctor asked the nurse to prepare needle for drip incase I need to be warded again, took my blood again to confirm that I have fully recovered and checked my blood pressure. Surprisingly my blood pressure rose to 165/92. This is the highest blood pressure I ever had. No wonder I got real headache. Meanwhile the locum doctor questioned the judgement made by the doctor who nursed me for allowing me got out from the hospital when my platelet count was merely 63. She said it should more than 120 count. I reckoned this locum doctor is arrogant for making such claim that the doctor have made wrong decision. As of the doctor's (who nursed me) experienced and from story from anyone who had experienced with dengue, it shall be ok if my platelet count has risen to more than 60. In the government hospital even worst when they asked the patient to discharge when their platelet count around 50. So this locum doctor was nothing just mere person to have extra income for being a visiting doctor in Az Zahrah. Hampeh ajer aku rasa. So after a few minutes the nurse confirmed that my platelet count was 217 dan doktor tadi terus termalu kerana menuduh doktor yg merawat aku tuh buat judgement yg salah.

Knowing that my blood pressure was high, she ordered the nurse to jab me kat pungkuk aku. After 15 minute, I was relieved and I felt OK. The headache has gone and I asked the doctor to cancell the room for my ward. So later Arc drove me home and I get another rest.

During the days of treatment, I could not manage to drink a lot of water even though a lot of people asked me to do so. My stomach just felt bloated and I cannot drink a lot of water and I cant even eat a lot. Arc and my mum cooked crab soup as many people said that this will help to control my dengue fever. Even so, I still only manage to eat 3 or 4 spoon of rice and sip a little soup. Not that I am not hungry, it just that my stomach felt full.

On Monday I made a follow up medical check up and the doctor extend my MC till Thursday. He asked me to have enough rest.

BTW, thanks to all friends that visited me. Wan/Angah, Delinn, Yum, Serindit and scandal and Kong from Joe's Tag, my office mates and colleague, Anis and family, Kat Siti and her husband who had arrange my exam for safety to the later date, Azi, Fara, Shida and Juita and also my Course mate that had passed me notes dan soalan bocor for my next exam kekekekekekeke.

Thanks also to those who have pray for my well being from abroad. You guys have been dear to me.

1 comments:

Elf said...

tak sangka aku sampai 0 platelet!
syukurlah ko sembuh seperti sediakala...